Research by Dr. Robert O. Young, author of The pH Miracle for Weight Loss, shows that the epidemic of obesity in the industrialized world is result of acidity in the body.
The body creates fat cells to trap and neutralize acids in the system.
- The modern diet of meats, grains, and beverages such as coffee, tea, soft drinks and alcohol is extremely acidic.
- Some acids are voided through urination, defecation, and perspiration, but many acids remain in the system.
- Excess acids in the body break down healthy tissue, so the body protects itself by creating a natural buffer of fat.
- Fat cells bind to acids. Some fat cells are voided from the system, but many fat cells are stored in the body, resulting in weight gain.
Traditional weight loss methods are doomed to fail.
- Reducing portion size of meals only minimally decreases acid intake.
- Reducing calories will not decrease the acidity of the body-and may increase it if large amounts of acidic beverages are included.
- Reducing fats in the diet will not reduce the acidity of the body or result in weight loss.
- Increasing the intake of meat will increase the acidity in the body.
- Exercise increases the production of acids, such as lactic acid. Many acids are released through perspiration, but some are retained by the system, causing pain in muscles.
Drinking alkaline water releases fats and creates weight loss.
- Alkaline water can reduce the body’s acidity and stop fat storage.
- Micro-clusters of ionized water help flush acid and toxins from the system.
- Once fat cells are no longer needed, the body will eliminate them-the fat melts away.
A healthy body causes weight loss, not the other way around.
- A healthy, non-acidic body will return to its natural, ideal weight.
- Freed of toxins, the body’s cells, tissues, and organs achieve a healthier state.
- A detoxified, non-acidic body has more energy and vitality.
“Your body can-and will-let go of the excess fat,” writes Dr. Young. “If your food and drink are alkaline (meaning, in basic chemistry, the opposite of acid), all that acid-binding fat will just melt right off. There will be no need for the body to hold on to it anymore.” 1
1 Young, Dr. Robert O., The pH Miracle for Weight Loss. New York: Grand Central Publishing, 2005, p. 15.